Thursday, November 26, 2009

The 2nd of 3 Thanksgiving Dinners

So, my family is very hectic. I love them so much but they are so crazy and there is never a dull moment!! My family is pretty separated and so I always celebrate Thanksgiving on three different nights!(Talk about ALOT of turkey!) But I would love for you to see and understand how crazy my family is!

In the second of my three Thanksgivings, my grandmother asked us all to go around the table saying what everyone was thankful for. (I would like to preface this with the fact that many people were drinking this night, and may have had a littttle bit too much.) When it got to my uncle, he started quite sentimentally saying how he was so thankful that his wife said yes to them getting married and he loved her alot. It was a great moment UNTIL he continued saying that he would never forget how they had eloped secretly in Gatlinburg before they had actually had a real wedding because they thought that my aunt was pregnant. At that moment, everyone's jaw DROPPED and we had entered into the Real Life of my Aunt and uncle. Who knew? Everyone in my family was laughing so hard because they had no idea what to say or how to handle the information. So I just joined in, laughter was good at a moment like that. But in my mind I was like...Is This Real Life??

I'm learning more and more about my family, and everyday its something new but when I hear the things I find out, I start to realize where all the craziness comes from. The past of secrets that might just come out when we realize how thankful we are for the things that we have.

Moral of the Story: Don't elope in Gatlinburg and not tell your family. And never assume that you "know" your family because there's always something they may not be telling you!

No comments:

Post a Comment